The City of Brentwood, California, is committed to protecting your online privacy and the confidentiality of personal information you may provide while interacting with us on the web. This policy seeks to clarify our efforts and activities on the subject of privacy and related topics. The City of Brentwood has created this policy statement in order to demonstrate the City's commitment to privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
No personally identifiable information is automatically collected about visitors who simply browse this site or who download information from it. The City of Brentwood does not release any information about the collection of IP addresses to any third party, except under court order.
Our web servers maintain logs of user activity in order to help us manage the web site. Information stored in these logs does not identify you personally. The logs store such things as the domain name and IP address from which you accessed our web site; the type of browser and operating system you used; the date and time you accessed our site; the pages you visited; and the country or region of the world from which you accessed this site.
City staff may use this information to learn how many visitors, where the visitors are located, which parts of our web site are of most interest to visitors, and other facts that will help us improve the web site and the services we offer.
If You Send Us Personal Information
The City of Brentwood values your use of this site and values your feedback. If you participate in a survey or send us an e-mail, your e-mail address and the other information you volunteered will be collected. Visitors who request services through this site may be required to furnish additional information in order to provide the service requested. The additional information collected will be no more specific than if the visitor were requesting the service by any other means, including by telephone or an in-person visit to a City facility. We may share this information with another government agency or organization if that is required to provide the help you are requesting.
Security of Your Personal Information
While no web site can protect itself against all eventualities, every effort is made to protect any sensitive personal information you give us. We will not rent, sell or give away any information identifying you individually (name, address, phone number, etc.) to third parties for marketing or mailing list purposes without your permission. We will also not disclose credit card information, except for purposes related to your credit card transaction, or with your permission, or as required by law.
As a governmental agency, we are governed by California open records laws. It's important for you to understand that most business you conduct with the City of Brentwood, as well as with state and county governments, becomes a public record. Public records as defined by state law, and not made confidential elsewhere in the California Codes, may be posted for electronic access through this web site. This includes most city permits you have applied for, property you have registered with the county recorder of deeds, and requests for a city service. These same records have long been open for public inspection by anyone requesting them in person, by mail or by telephone at the appropriate government office.
Who to Contact
CITY OF BRENTWOOD'S DISCLAIMER
- The City of Brentwood’s web servers are maintained to provide public access to City information via the Internet. While the City attempts to keep its web information accurate and timely, the City of Brentwood neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, accuracy, or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on this server or any other server. Web materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from the City as a result of updates and corrections. To the extent allowed by the Public Records Act and otherwise legally permissible, commercial use of web materials is prohibited without the written permission of the City of Brentwood.
- Some of the hyperlinks on this and subsequent pages may lead to resources outside the City of Brentwood’s control. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement by the City of Brentwood of these sites or their content. The City of Brentwood is not responsible for the content of any such external hyperlink.
- Communications made through E-Mail and messaging systems shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Brentwood nor any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- The City of Brentwood is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations, including equal access to communications, will be provided upon request. Requests for reasonable accommodations, with regard to equal access to communications, should be directed to the City of Brentwood at (925) 516-5117, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The City of Brentwood is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of the site or with respect to the material contained on the site, including without limitation any material posted on the site. This site and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The City of Brentwood is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the site and/or the materials contained on the site.
- This web site is produced and maintained by the Information Systems Division of the City of Brentwood. Web content is produced by every department within the City of Brentwood.